Who we are
From the producers of compostable packaging to brands and retailers
A select group
Compostable Coalition UK brings together a broad range of stakeholders from the producers of compostable packaging to brands and retailers that utilise these packages to bio-waste industry and trade associations that are responsible for assuring the circularity of these packages post-use.
Our ‘Closing the Loop’ project, funded by Innovate-UK, is supported by industry, academic, and research partners.
As our sounding board to the project, we have assembled an advisory board of packaging and wider industry experts, to ensure our work is balanced and supports the priorities of key UK stakeholders.
Our advisory board members are:
- James Bull, head of packaging and food waste strategies, Tesco
- Margaret Bates, executive director, OPRL
- Paula Chin, senior policy advisor (Consumption), WWF
- Sam Clough, senior packaging technologist, Marks & Spencer
- Laura Fernandez, senior packaging and sustainability manager, Ocado Retail